By eDiets Staff
How much should you spend? What kind of things will he or she enjoy? What do you wear? What time should you meet? Should it be somewhere fancy or casual? Planning a date can be extremely stressful, especially when you are set on making a good impression.
Fortunately, the key to a successful date does not lie in knowing these answers but in creating the right opportunity to find them out. A successful date is one in which you get to know each other without putting a great deal of stress on the fact that you are both there to get to know each other. A three-hour date with a movie that lasts two and a half-hours is not a good way to get acquainted. However, neither is going to a restaurant and staring at each other with nothing to say.
A good idea is to start off at a coffee shop and always have a back up plan in case it’s not going the way you’d like. Tell a friend that you are going on a date and ask them to call you. If you need to get out of it, make the phone call your ticket out. If you guys hit it off, then it’s time to get things rolling. Either go straight from there or ask to meet up later that night.
A perfect date is usually one in which you and your date can show off just how imperfect you are and simply have fun. The best way to take the pressure off is to put the spotlight into a fun activity. Check out the top ten best places to go on a date.
1. The Park: You can bring a Frisbee, have a picnic or just simply take a stroll. Try finding a spot that shows off a nice view ahead of time. On your walk, tell your date you want them to see this beautiful view.
2. Zoo: Monkey around and have fun at the zoo. Let the animals lead the way and give you plenty to talk about and see. The zoo is a great place to learn about each other and the world around you.
3. Dinner Theater: Instead of having to keep thinking of things to say during dinner, enjoy the entertainment and then talk during intermissions. The entertainment will give you plenty to talk about to keep the night flowing.
4. Get cooking: Sizzle it up at a cooking class. This is a fun and sexy way to have dinner with your date and get to know each other.
5. Concert: Let the music take the front seat and liven things up at a concert. Concerts are great to let loose, dance, sing and have a good time together. Put on your dancing shoes and get close to your date without having to make the awkward first move. Dancing is one of the most romantic things to do on a date. Slow songs will let you move in close and fast songs will help you let loose and have fun.
6. Dance: Put on your dancing shoes and get close to your date without having to make the awkward first move. Dancing is one of the most romantic things to do on a date. Slow songs will let you move in close and fast songs will help you let loose and have fun.
7. Museums: A beautiful painting makes for a beautiful night. Art museums and gallery walks are fun, interesting and can be very romantic.
8. Exercise: Play tennis, go sailing, canoeing or take a swing at golf. Physical activities like these are great ice breakers and they are super fun. Just remember it’s a date not a competition.
9. Sporting Events: Catch a great conversation and hit a home run with sports. Cheer, talk and have fun together while the game takes the pressure off.
10. Theatre or Show: Broadway shows are great, but there are also great local theatres in every community. You can also check you local guide for interesting shows.